Menu

Monday, June 24, 2019

64. Superman, Come Back to Me, I Want A Hug

Synopsis

Now a major film, distributed by Artificial Eye.

Berlin. The once-divided city still holds its share of secrets.

One afternoon, near the site of the Berlin Wall, backpacker Clare meets charismatic local Andi. There is an instant attraction, and when Andi invites her to stay, Clare thinks she may finally have found somewhere to call home.

But when Clare wakes up in Andi's apartment, she discovers that the door is locked. And it soon becomes clear that he has no intention of letting her go. Clare begins to wonder if it's really love that Andi is searching for -- or something else altogether.

Berlin Syndrome is a closely observed and gripping psychological thriller that shifts between Andi's and Clare's perspectives, revealing the power of obsession, the fluidity of truth, and the kaleidoscopic nature of human relationships.

The book:
The movie:
Genres Drama, Horror, Mystery
Director Cate Shortland
Starring Teresa Palmer, Max Riemelt,
Matthias Habich


I began to wonder, is Germany a safe country?

Then, I remembered Amanda Knox story, where she was involved in some curious case in Italy. Our parents used to guard us; they told us not to talk to strangers.

When it comes to us, guarding ourselves, can we do it? I'm not so sure anymore. I guess, I need to find my Superman. Becoming Spiderman's girl is full of cries (just look at Mary Jane), Batman's girl should be a nurse who can treat his body's wounds.

Captain America is too obedient. He might get frozen again until the next apocalypse. Iron Man loves his basement lab. Wolverine is too busy searching for his true meaning in this world.

The happiest woman on earth could be Louis Lane. She seems to be on "his" watch all the time. I'm here, Superman. Let's see how our relationship might go? Superman? Souuu...?

Superman, you are being rude.
You ignored me in front of everybody.
The book:


The movie:
See also:

Book / Movie Recommendation:
  • Berlin Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment